Bags of concrete have been used to support crumbling walls.
The remains of the Makawi house, one of the largest in the village. The structure on the right was a windtower.
Up to the 1970s minarets were not a usual feature of UAE mosques. The minaret on the Al Khan mosque was so unusual that it was marked in British naval maps in 1932 as the local landmark.
The construction of Palm Deira caused a change in tidal patterns on the coast of Sharjah. The sea rose to the line now marked by the fence in this photo, several houses were washed away as was all the sand on the beach.
Plaster work in one of the remaining houses.
Archaeological team members working on the date cellar called a medbassa, located in the Sheikh's house.
Part of the remaining plaster work in one of the houses.